PHP Design Pattern Essentials (available as a paperback book or as a downloadable eBook) will help take your knowledge of the fundamentals of the PHP programming language and put it into practice in the real world by learning about Design Patterns.
Now you too can use the techniques developed by experts over the last couple of decades to solve your programming challenges, through easy to implement solutions to the most common problems that programmers face. Understanding design patterns is essential in being able to write clear, concise and effective code, even for complex applications.
PHP Design Pattern Essentials gives you a step-by-step guide to the world of object-oriented software development, using tried and trusted techniques. The examples and code extracts have been deliberately kept simple, enabling you to concentrate on understanding the concepts and application of each pattern rather than having to wade through irrelevant source code. And the pattern examples have been designed around a common theme, making it easier for you to see how they relate to each other and more importantly how you can adapt them to your applications.
While the book assumes a basic knowledge of PHP you certainly don't need to be a guru. This book is perfect for the programmer who wishes to take their skills up to the next level, so you can feel confident about using PHP in real-world applications.
- All 23 of the design patterns described in the seminal work of Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides; Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software (Addison-Wesley, 1995);
- Additional patterns for use in real-world applications;
- Full, simple explanation of the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern;
- Sample 3-tier application applying commonly used patterns;
- Easy to follow UML diagrams;
- Advice on how to use the patterns in practice.
The author has over three decades of software development experience.